The Biggest What…..?
Taken out of context, this could mean anything.
Jeez, especially when the conversation is about Tinder dates.
Say what? The biggest what?
But the biggest what what of Tinder is a whole different blog post…
Digress I shall.
I am on about this TV show. You know, the one where they compete to see who can lose weight, the most amount of weight.
You know which one I am talking about, right?
STILL NOT SURE WHAT TV SHOW I AM SPEAKING OF?
● The one where they get taken out of their everyday life environment.
● Where they get placed in an environment that has no resemblance to their normal environment.
● The house that comes with personal trainers.
● And most likely comes with private chefs as well.
● The one where they are not faced with any temptations.
● The one where the only focus is weight loss.
Yes, you guessed it…
THE BIGGEST LO$ER
Well here is a little secret that I would like to share with you…
You are NOT a competitor on that show!
Before you throw your toys out the cot and think to yourself “how the hell can she say that when I am trying so hard to lose weight”, let me explain…
All those people do on that show is focus on weight loss. They train and eat according to a specific plan, and that plan….
Is NOT influenced by any external factors.
You on the other hand, have to try focus on your weight loss and healthy living, while still trying to juggle your everyday life.
● You still have your job to go to, everyday.
● You have limited time to exercise.
● Maybe you even have kids that you need to get to school, play with and make sure they are fed.
● Your daily chores – They haven’t disappeared, they are still there and still need doing.
● You have no one cooking for you. You need to do that for you and your family.
● There are still loads of temptations around you.
● A chocolate is only R10 away, for fuck sake.
It is a hell of a lot easier to lose weight when you have been removed from your normal everyday life environment. And all temptations have been removed as well.
Here is a question for you….
What happens once you leave that house and enter into your normal environment. The one where temptation is around every corner. The stress of work hits you again and making time for everything becomes a problem again?
YOUR WEIGHT WILL MOST LIKELY FIND ITS WAY BACK.
Because it was done in a rushed manner.
And not in a SUSTAINABLE manner.
Always remember this…
- Do the best that you can.
- Use what you have.
- Sustainability is key.
- Knowledge is power.
And lastly, and most importantly;
5. NEVER EVER COMPARE YOUR JOURNEY TO THAT OF SOMEONE ELSE.
Because you never know what goes on behind closed doors.
If it is group interaction and group accountability that motivates you, you could always…