Meal prepping for dummies
Meal prepping is easy, a bit time consuming, but easy. I am a firm believer in prepping my meals on a Sunday.
What you will need to start your meal prep journey:
- Kitchen Scale
- Lots of frieken Tupperware
- Food bags
- The food (Healthy food) – You can’t order pizza and pack it into the Tupperware and call it meal prepping. That’s not how this shit works.
- A plan – You can’t just throw shit together and hope it preps itself.
- Maybe some gangsta rap on in the background – That’s right, show that food who is boss.
Why prep meals?
- Saves time in the evenings so you can actually go for that run you have been avoiding all day.
- Eliminates all the guessing, which makes the chances of you over eating less.
- No caving into take-away orders at work, because you already have your meals packed.
- You know exactly what you are eating and it is easy to track your calorie intake.
Some excuses I have used in the past;
(And yes, below is reference to my fat ass)
“But I don’t like eating old food” – Well I bet you also don’t like your fat ass when looking in the mirror?
“What if I don’t feel like having that meal tomorrow” – Well, what if you also didn’t want to look at your fat ass in the mirror tomorrow.
“But its difficult” – Everything is difficult when you first start. Get off that fat ass of yours and take the first step to becoming better.
“But I don’t have time” – Make the effing time.
I am not saying that you will fail at getting rid of your unwanted body fat if you don’t prep your meals, but it does sure as hell make it a lot easier.