Like Sue would say “Get over here and put that in my mouth”.
Let me share with you one of my secrets to happiness // Butternut & Avo Brownies.
Let me proceed by saying that these are not to be had for breakfast lunch and dinner just because they contain butternut and avocado. Just like everything else in life, they should be consumed in moderation or when you really want a treat.
For chocolate lovers, this is not sweet. It is has more of a dark chocolate vibe. #BitterButGood
Here is what you need:
- 1 Medium Avocado
- Half a cup of Butternut puree
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 3 tablespoons flour (Coconut, Almond, Gluten free or normal)
- No more than half a cup of cocoa – Even less is better
- 1 and a half teaspoon of baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Couple of pinches of coconut flakes
I literally guess and throw together what I think is enough as I follow a basic recipe.
Here is how you do it:
- Put your oven on 200 degrees Celsius and let it warm up
- Take ingredients and blend together
- Pour in baking tray or muffin tray
- Bake for 20 minutes (About)
*The first batch I made I added a bit too much cocoa and it was a tad bitter. The second batch I made, I added less cocoa and more coconut flakes into the mix, much better.
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Baking Time: 20 Minutes
Calories: 250 per brownie
*Mixture made 6 big “muffin” type brownies – These can be cut in half as a bite size treat which will then be 125 calories.
Disclaimer: There are so many of these recipes floating around on the internet. Just type in the Google Search bar whatever you are looking for and you will be directed to it. There is really a recipe for anything.