How do I explain this?
It is like when you go hiking with white shorts, knowing that you will be standing on a ledge of some sorts, knowing you are afraid of heights, knowing that you haven’t had potty time yet.
You are so comfortable because;
- you have done this hike hundreds of times
- you have stood on that ledge for 52 selfies in 4 days
- you trust your bowel movements because
- for two years you have been having potty time at exactly 16:45 every day and it is only 12:30 now.
You are so comfortable with your hiking ability and potty routine that you become confident that you wont fall or shit yourself.
You are confidently comfortable.
This is a dangerous place to be.
- It’s a dangerous place to be because everything seems so easy and requires minimum effort.
- It’s dangerous because it doesn’t challenge you anymore.
The uncomfortably of leaving your comfort zone
*It’s called change
The Sue scenario
- Sue finds her bed comfortable
- Sue also says that wearing holey sweat pants is comfortable
- Sue comfort eats just because
Long story short, Sue is complaining that she can’t find a husband.
What Sue needs to do is;
- Get out of bed
- Take a bath (not too long as we have water restrictions in Cape Town)
- Put on anything else other than holey sweat pants
- Go to any other place where she s not known as the village bicycle
- Make some friends
- Stop having drunken one night stands
- Be patient
- Not quit when she can’t a husband after night one
Yes, you guessed it, Sue needs to get out of her comfort Zone.
Sue is easy, getting out a comfort zone is not.
Let’s take it 67990 steps further…
How you know that you have become Cocky Comfortable
- You become overly confident
- You become cocky
- You start thinking that you run the show
- You believe everyone else is at fault, but not you
- You stop learning
- You start blaming others for your failure
- You struggle to take advice from anyone because you know best
Don’t let this happen to you | Don’t be this person
If this happens to you, it may be to late for saving you.
You could very well be a Douche Canoe -> What is a Douche Canoe? Find out here
Always try and be confident in what you do.
There is nothing wrong with comfort, but don’t make it a habit.
Push yourself to do things out of your comfort zone.
Always remain humble
The price of doing the same old thing is far higher than the price of change
– Bill Clinton