10 Steps to completing my first 5 km run //
My first run, other than it being a parkrun, was many things. Here are ten steps that I followed to make a success of my first 5 km run!
- Step 1: Make sure that I can at least run 2 km’s without stopping. I managed to succeed in this, great I have this shit under control.
- Step 2: Make sure my alarm clock is set fifty thousand times. Done!
- Step 3: The hardest step – Showing up for the run. Awesome, I am at the start 15 minutes early. Should I warm up, nah fuck that.
- Step 4: Run, act like I am not hurting.
- Step 5: Walk if I have to, but make sure to finish.
- Step 6: Remember to smile Mandy, there could be a photographer hiding in the bushes somewhere along the never ending 5 km route.
- Step 7: Celebrate my finish.
- Step 8: Wait for my race results.
- Step 9: Set my next goal according to your finishing time.
- Step 10: Do not, I repeat, do not go get drunk at Beer House (They have extremely good beer & food) to celebrate your first successful 5 km run.
On a more serious note, finishing my first 5 km run felt great, I was proud. It made me feel like I could do anything I set my mind to.
Fast Facts about my first run;
Its safe to conclude that my first run was done for many reasons but the way it ended I will have to say I ran for beer, all kinds of beer!